Custom Search

Monday, July 31, 2017

Karen Hough

Karen Hough is a veteran busker on the causeway I first photographed in 2009. I've not featured her since because she generally only appears in the evening and I usually visit the causeway in the afternoon. I was happy to sit and listen to her on the weekend because her repertoire and sound is such a refreshing change from most other buskers. The sweet and mellow tone of her French Horn really adds something to Broadway classic tunes such as South Pacific's "Bali Hai". She plays classical music as well as popular and it's always a pleasure to see and hear her.

5 comments:

William Kendall said...

One usually doesn't see a French horn outside of an orchestra.

Ralph said...

There are more bands than orchestras

Not so many woodwind quintets

Are there more horn clubs than orchestras

I don't usually go busking with my horn

Kate said...

Wonderful portrait.

Glen said...

Can someone tell me how I can get in touch with this photographer? I'd like to use one of the photos for my website.

Benjamin Madison said...

@Glen: I'm the photographer - you can find my e-mail address on the right hand side of any of the blog pages. Generally I like to see my photos used on other people's websites. However,

"All Photos and text on this blog by Benjamin Madison are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License."

Briefly, that means that my photos may be freely used for non-commercial websites provided credit is given to the photographer. Any other use must be negotiated with me.
I look forward to hearing from you.