Custom Search

Saturday, January 7, 2017

June Choices!

As I wrote yesterday, "Every year I put together a calendar for friends and family, of photos I have published on this blog for the last year or so. However, it's always difficult to make decisions about which photos to use. I am hoping visitors to this blog will help out. Every day for the next few weeks I will publish two or three photos from a given month and hope that comments and choices made by visitors will help me make a final decision which photos to use in this year's calendar. As an incentive, I will offer an online downloadable/printable file of the calendar to anyone who helps me make a choice."

Thanks to everyone who has given me their opinions so far, and it really helps when you give reasons for your preference.

Below are my favorite June 2016 photos. There are four to choose from today. From now on there is a steady stream of events every weekend through til autumn. June starts off with the Oak Bay Tea Party and the Vic West Skateboard Competition - two of my favorite events. Anyway, here's four photos of Victoria in June. Which one do you prefer?

Oak Bay Tea Party Midway (I like this photo because carnival midways usually look sort of trashy but this one looks so green and rural.)


Pierre St. Pierre - Street Performer (In Summer the Inner Harbour Causeway is a never-ending program of excellent street performers. Pierre is one of the best.)

National Aboriginal Cultural Festival
(another great event in June)

Vic West Skateboard Competition (These four photos are a set, no need to choose between them.)




5 comments:

RodFleck said...

The NAF one is really a great picture

The Furry Gnome said...

#1 among those.

JoJo said...

I like the first pic best.

William Kendall said...

For me, the National Aboriginal Festival. It really feels lively.

Anonymous said...

The Oak Bay Tea Party Midway gets my vote - the amusement show blending in nicely with nature.