Custom Search

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

SlideManBlues


While trudging around in a cold wind downtown last week I suddenly tuned in to some blues and shortly afterwards found a bench near this talented street performer, a blues guitarist/singer who performs as SlideManBlues. Ambrose Gardener is his name and you can find out more about him on his website, slidemanblues.com. I couldn't stand the wind chill for long but what I heard sounded good and my hat's off to any musician who warms up the streets in this winter season.

4 comments:

JoJo said...

You don't usually see buskers out in the winter. He must really love what he does.

William Kendall said...

He looks like quite a character.

Mike Laplante said...

Great pic, B. I would be tempted to re-post this as a black-and-white... that lined face is rich with texture and character.

Stephanie said...

I clicked on the link to hear him sing. Sounds pretty good. He is a brave soul to sit out in the cold of winter.