Custom Search

Friday, March 28, 2014

Pacific Undersea Gardens

Above is what's missing from yesterday's photo - the Pacific Undersea Gardens (as it was a few years ago). It used to occupy a prominent place in the Inner Harbour just offshore from what is now the Robert Bateman Gallery (housed in what was originally the CP Steamship Terminal). The Undersea Gardens was closed recently and towed into the Upper Harbour at the Point Hope shipyard (left and right). It was a picturesque building and it will be interesting to see how its absence affects other activities on the causeway.

4 comments:

Mike Laplante said...

I hadn't visited the Undersea Gardens in years, and I don't really have a recollection of it.
If you haven't been to see it already though, do visit the Shaw Ocean Discovery Centre in Sidney. It's very well done and offers up some great photo opportunities.

JoJo said...

They closed the undersea garden? why?????? I didn't even know it was a floating building. I never made the time to visit it when I was in town. :(

William Kendall said...

A bit sad to know that it's gone.

Cybele Moon said...

ch ch ch changes!! I hate them!!