Custom Search

Friday, March 21, 2014

Mr. Tube Steak

Beneath a riot of plum blossoms is a stand familiar to most Victorians. Mr. Tube Steak is on his corner of Store Street with his selection of hot dogs. One of the joys of traveling in exotic lands is the wide variety of delicious street food. My mouth still waters when I recall Acara, the deep fried beancakes of West Africa, the wonderful tortillas of the streets of Mexico City and Indian Chai stalls in Madhya Pradesh. Of course, much of the year our weather is not suitable for eating outside but I am always happy to see street food vendors.

3 comments:

JoJo said...

I've always been afraid to try street food. I get sick so easily...I get sick from the supermarket roast chickens!

William Kendall said...

Those plum trees look quite lovely this time of year.

Stephanie said...

The blossoms are gorgeous! The trees are late here this year.