Custom Search

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Butchart Gardens Christmas

One of the more famous tourist attractions in the Greater Victoria area is the Butchart Garden, a large complex of several gardens that have been developed over the last 100 years by the Butchart family and their descendants. At this time of year the gardens are lit with an immense number of lights and a series of tableaux depicting scenes from the popular carol 12 Days of Christmas - 12 drummers drumming, 11 pipers piping, etc. In the video below you can see the "seven swans a swimming" and get some idea of the spectacular light show. Music is part of the package as well and the brass quartet entertained the hundreds of patrons who were strolling in the gardens despite the rain (you can see umbrellas in the photo).

3 comments:

William Kendall said...

Very dramatic shot! My parents have been to the gardens in the summer when they visited the city. I'd love to see it for myself someday.

JoJo said...

Breathtaking!!!! WOW. I wish I had gone up there to see it but winter weather in the PNW is so erratic that I was so afraid I'd make the reservations and be unable to go.

Norma said...

The more I see of Canada, the more I want to visit!