Custom Search

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Downtown Street Scene

I usually photograph Victoria's downtown from some distance since I don't spend much time there in the city's businessy heart. Consequently I realized that visitors to this blog may get the impression that Victoria is all seaside walks, interesting birds, lovely parks, and that all life revolves around the Inner Harbour Causeway and its wonderful collection of Buskers and craftspeople. So, here is one of the busiest intersections in the city, where Douglas and Fort Streets cross. While it's not the most exciting downtown in the world, it does have the virtues of being comfortably safe (you can walk around anywhere without any problems) and more human in scale than other city downtowns (no buildings higher than 20 or 21 stories).

3 comments:

JoJo said...

I love Victoria's downtown! I wonder if the Pink Sugar Cupcakery is still open on Fort Street. It's right near this intersection.

Paul in Powell River said...

Don't know about the Cupcakery, but the Dutch Bakery certainly is!! I'll be there this week..

Dean Lewis said...

What I like best about Victoria's downtown is the abundance and diversity of small shops.
JoJo, I believe that cupcake place closed not long ago, but a new one opened recently not far away, on Broughton near Broad, right beside Callebaut Chocolate, one of my big faves.