Custom Search

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Cold Old Friend

Swan Lake Nature Sanctuary is still in winter mode though a few green buds are swelling. When I was out there yesterday there was a chill wind blowing and this Great Blue Heron was tucked up against the cold. I wish I had this Heron's sharp and beady eye this morning because I had intended to post a photo of one of the many other birds I saw there. However, my bird field guides are apparently still unpacked and until they are found....

5 comments:

Dean Lewis said...

Herons always remind me of their ancient ancestors pterodactyls, which were flying reptiles, minus the feathers.

JoJo said...

He looks chilly!

Jack said...

You might want to tell this freezing guy that it is much warmer down here in Florida at the moment.

Stefan Jansson said...

Very cool birds they are.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Beautiful shot Ben.