Custom Search

Friday, April 22, 2011

A Million Lilies

Mount Douglas is covered with Giant White Fawn Lilies. In ranks and banks they dot the mountainside and line the trails, an orgy of blossom. The photo above shows only a small example of these splendid little wildflowers that are scattered wantonly throughout the park.



When I passed a thousand posts on this blog a little while ago I promised some changes and new directions. A few of these will start this weekend. Saturdays will now become "Somewhere Saturdays" meaning that I will post a photo from some place other than Victoria. Since I've spent much of my life in other countries I have many photos and memories that may provide a contrast to a steady diet of Victoria. Secondly, Sunday and Monday posts will be handled by my daughter, Fern Long, who posts under the name of the Front Street Gang. She contributed here while I was away in India recently and has agreed to these two days each week so I have time for other projects. Thus Victoria Daily Photo will now provide a bit of a window on the world on Somewhere Saturdays and a look at Victoria through another lens on Sundays and Mondays.

2 comments:

JoJo said...

I'm very much looking forward to the new changes! Fern did a great job in your absence and I can't wait to see the stuff she posts as well!

Carolyn said...

Wonderful photo. I saw these for the first time when I was in Metchosin several weeks ago, they are lovely. Never get too much of Victoria but I am looking forward to the new direction and your daughter's fine work also. Have a great weekend.
Smiles