Custom Search

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Lodi Gardens, Delhi, India

Greetings! Here I am back in Victoria after a quick jaunt to India. It wasn't a photographic excursion so I don't have many pictures to share. However the one above nicely encapsulates some of the outstanding aspects of my trip — beautiful sights and wonderful traveling companions. They are seated on the steps leading to the Bara Gumbad and looking towards the Sheesh Gumbad, two examples of 16th century Pashtun architecture found in the Lodi Gardens in Delhi, the capitol of India.


I've just been looking through the photos posted while I've been away and am glad I decided to arrange to let you see Victoria through another lens. My daugher, Fern Long, is a gifted photographer and artist and I am looking forward to seeing more of her work here. Thank you, Fern.

8 comments:

imquilternity said...

Welcome back! Glad to hear you had a wonderful time and am looking forward to seeing your outstanding daily photos again! It was nice meeting your daughter and seeing her "take" on Victoria. Thanks for introducing her to us.

Dean Lewis said...

Welcome back Benjamin !
What a great experience your trip must have been.
Love this shot from India with two persons as part of the foto, as well as sharing the viewing experience as we do.

Leeds daily photo said...

Mystical India, I love what you have done with this photo.

JoJo said...

Welcome back!!! This is a stunning photo. So many interesting things to look at!

Benjamin Madison said...

Thanks all for your kind comments. I had a wonderful time but I'm happy to be back in Victoria - especially since spring is here.

Angela Hemming said...

This photo is exquisite. Can you share what settings and post-processing you used?

Benjamin Madison said...

Thanks Angela. This is 3 exposures tonemapped with Photomatix Pro 4. The originals were taken with a Sony Alpha 550 using a Sigma Wide Angle Zoom 10-20mm lens at 10 mm f6.3 at 1/640, 1/1000 and 1/500. It was a slightly overcast/smoggy day so the originals were a little washed out looking and tonemapping brought back the richness of the colors and details in the shadows. Aside from that there is not much post-processing beyond a little sharpening, straightening and cropping.

Angela Hemming said...

Thanks, Benjamin. I've been to India too, so I know what you mean about the smog!