Custom Search

Friday, January 23, 2009

Westsong Walkway to Westbay Marina

Westsong Walkway follows the shoreline of the Inner Harbor from the Johnson Street Bridge (downtown) through Victoria West and Esquimalt, ending about 2.5 miles (4 km.) later at Westbay Marina. In the photo above, you can see the walkway as a boardwalk in the left center. I am becoming more enchanted with houseboats as I become more familiar with them. Westbay Marina has a terrific collection that I will be sharing with you over the next few days. Most of the houseboats are moored off-camera to the right.

6 comments:

Guy D said...

Great shot of the Marina, looks like you guys are enjoying some great weather.

Cheers!
Regina In Pictures

MurciaDailyPhoto said...

It's really a place to sail, isn't it?

MurciaDailyPhoto said...

I don't know if you have visited my added post of jan. 20. I would like that you could visit it.

Diederick Wijmans said...

Very nice and bright!!
Have a nice weekend!

USelaine said...

Houseboats seem like a gentle alternative to land buildings. I suppose there is a limit to the carrying capacity of the water too though. Noise carries across water a lot more clearly than on land too. Hmm. Upsides and downsides.

postie said...

We often walk the westsong walkway. It is a favorite along with dallas rd and the oakbay waterfront. Victoria is a great place to walk and enjoy the water views. I always see a freighter going by to and if I do I always say all is well with the world as commerce is still moving.