Custom Search

Sunday, June 29, 2008

"Nevermore"

Actually, this is a crow, not a raven as might be suggested by the quote above, but I think it makes a suitable introduction to the Ross Bay Cemetery, Victoria's oldest graveyard. Many of the province's most famous historical figures are interred here and we will be visiting their graves from time to time. Today I just want to share with you a lovely sculpture I discovered there, commemorating three members of the Wood family. As long as this poignant sculpture stands we will know that someone cared deeply for them.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Fun entro picture, Benjamen. I like the other two, as well and am glad to see another Pacific Northwest CDPBlogger who pokes about in cemeteries. Thanks for showing us these Wood family memorials at Ross Bay.
-Kim
Seattle Daily Photo

Kris McCracken said...

That (again) is a wonderful photograph. I think that the crow might struggle to find a feed in the cemetery though!

Jane Hards Photography said...

Wonderful photographs. I too have crows pics that people think are ravens. Love the compostion.