Custom Search

Monday, May 19, 2008

Parade

One of the features of the Victoria Day Weekend is high school marching bands - about 40 of them perform and march in the Victoria Day parade. This year almost all of the bands were from the states of Washington, Oregon and California. These kids put on a terrific show and helped to make this weekend a success. I'll probably be posting pictures of some individual bands and performers over the next week or so but for now, above is a sousaphone's view of the parade.

2 comments:

USelaine said...

Very nice! Black ones are a new development since I was in high school. Great idea for a picture.

Chuck Pefley said...

Love the shiny Sousaphone. Hey, sorry we didn't cross paths during the weekend, though I'm sure neither one would recognize the other -:) We all had a great time in your town and I do hope the Vesparados didn't cause too much mischief nor mayhem. Thanks for stopping by my blog for a virtual visit. Ciao, Chuck